The Student News Site of El Camino Real Charter High School

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

Girls swim dives into a great season

Sophia Blanc

As the school year comes to a triumphant end, the girl’s swim team celebrates their season’s victories and successes.
“Our team has accomplished many personal records from all of us,” junior Taylor Nguyen said. “We have also been able to beat many teams with our relays and our individual events.”
Students trained all year long preparing for their tournaments during school and on the weekends. The girl’s swim members explained their preparations and how they ensure a great tournament.
“When I am preparing for meets I try [to] eat beforehand and calm my nerves,” junior Sophia Hernandez said. “I just think it over and replay it so that I know what I should expect to do without a doubt.”
The teams value their teamwork and deeply appreciate the support and efforts shown throughout their tough season.
“Our group dynamic is very fun, cheerful and encouraging,” Nguyen said. “We are always cheering each other on to go faster during our events and we are always reassuring each other of our hard work during the meet and in our overall season, which I love.”
Not only do the students work on skills and other details for the sport, but they also focus greatly on team building and bonding with their teammates.
“We mess with each other a lot on the team and joke around,” sophomore Olive Sanders said. “We’re all good friends, and we spend time together outside of practice as a group.”
In addition, the girl’s team has achieved great feats including winning meets against the Birmingham High School and Granada Hills High School’s teams. They also successfully secured third place overall in the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) qualifiers.
“We made it to CIF, which [is] the city finals, and we were able to place top ninth for the girls,” Nguyen said.
Students thoroughly enjoy practicing and training for their sport as they find it improves their mental health and overall happiness.
“I love aquatics and pushing myself to improve athletically.” Sanders said.
Nonetheless, the hard work, effort and time that the girls have put into their sport has clearly been reflected and the school is immensely proud of their accomplishments.
“It is a great experience and the people you meet really are worth it,” Hernandez said. “Practice may be a little difficult at times but it’s always doable and our coach and team definitely know how to make it a good time.”