The Student News Site of El Camino Real Charter High School

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

May Club Column

Model United Nations – Wednesday at Lunch in C120
Model United Nations (MUN) creates an opportunity for students to participate in college conferences to represent countries and find solutions to global issues.
“I participated in MUN in middle school and I’ve always had a passion for international affairs,” club president junior Lia Khoshkish said. “If anyone is looking to build their public speaking skills and learn about global issues [too] then they should join.”
MUN is a great chance for students at school to take part in an extracurricular activity that can benefit them in the future.

Indian Club – Thursdays at Lunch in B-118
Indian club is a place for students to learn about India and its food, people, traditions and places.
“We always give foods like candy, samosas and special chips like lays made from India,” club president sophomore Rehan Mathew said. “It’s also a fun place where one can hang out with their friends.”

The club is a welcoming place for students of all heritage to come together and enjoy sharing Indian culture.

K-pop Dance Club – Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Lunch in the Small Gym
K-Pop Dance Club teaches members the choreography to various K-pop songs and frequently performs for school events.
“We have a lot of practice but we have fun,” club president junior Sophie Motaril said. “We perform on stage many times throughout the year [and] make lasting memories.”
This club is a perfect way to hone your dancing skills while also meeting people with similar music taste and interests.

Pre-Law Club – Tuesdays at Lunch in S3
Pre-Law Club is a place for curious students to discuss topics along the lines of public speaking, types of law, and court cases with others. “I love law and feel like there isn’t really anything law-based at El Camino so I decided to create this club. I want to start a mock trial team next year so I thought this would be a great introduction,” club president sophomore Kayla Khorsandi said. “This club will help shape successful law students while giving them a safe environment to discuss their interests!”
Anyone who is interested in the field of law is encouraged to join the club, and it is a great opportunity to learn more about the topic.