The Student News Site of El Camino Real Charter High School

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

April Club Column

Women in Film – Fridays in S-4 at lunch

Women in Film club creates a relaxing atmosphere for students to learn about feminine presence in the film industry and share their interests about film.
“I’m really passionate about film and I’m a really big feminist,” club president and junior Sophie Blanc said. “I feel like it’s so important to spread the message that women [can be active in the film industry] and there’s so many great women in it already.”
At meetings the club members enjoy discussing new movies, talking about big events in entertainment and watching clips and movies.

Video Editing Club – T-34 Fridays at nutrition
Video editing club teaches members different methods of video editing using various editing programs, including Adobe Acrobat, Videostar and Capcut.
“I have a great passion for video editing and have done it for more than five years,” club president and sophomore Taye Sangkhae said. “It’s something that I want to share with others.”
At the meetings, members can share their interests and talents, and also receive different presets and video effects to use in their own videos.

Paws For Life – Thursdays at lunch in Z-12
The Paws For Life club aims to raise money for the Paws For Life Rescue through fundraisers and fun volunteer events.
“We try to spread word of the rescue and what they do because they help prisoners train dogs,” club president and senior Emily Bowen said. “If they do leave prison, they get a job once they get out and those dogs come out fully trained like service dogs.”
The club not only has a great cause behind it, but also has lively and easy volunteer opportunities open to all students.

I Too Can Stem – Tuesdays at lunch in B-221
The I Too Can Stem club is a memorable and engaging club that extends a helping hand to elementary students interested in science.
“We plan STEM related events for elementary kids to give them access to resources in the field.” club president and junior Aneysha Khanna said. “We are very innovative and are open to ideas!”
The club is a great way to pass down a passion of science by introducing it to young scholars and encourages all to join.