The Student News Site of El Camino Real Charter High School

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

April Program Highlight: Yearbook

This April highlights the El Corazon and all the hard work the yearbook staff puts into creating a yearbook for students to enjoy and look back on for years to come.
“At the end of my freshman year, I, specifically, along with my co-editor, was approached by my English teacher, Mrs. Herrera, about joining the program,” junior and Editor in Chief Rebecca Margolin said. “She told me she was offered the position to teach the class and she wanted me to help her write stories for the Yearbook because of my love for English.”
On a day to day basis, the students work on many different things depending on what role they have on the staff. It can range from photo editing, to writing stories to design editing while also improving their skills daily.
“We cover everything from [Navy Junior Reserve officer’s Training Corps](NJROTC) to the English department to student council,” senior and Head of Copy Coleton Rice said. “We cover it all and we try to make sure our yearbook is the best representative of the student body as it can be, no matter what.”
The yearbook staff is incredibly close with one another, which makes working together much easier and allows them to put as much love and effort into the yearbook as they do.
“Deadlines are super stressful but they also help me bond with my co-editor [Margolin] and advisor Ms. Conte a lot. It’s really special to spend that much time with people and you just kind of get close automatically,” junior and Editor in Chief Sophie Blanc said. “Our last deadline is in April and the yearbook will be coming out in May.”
There are a couple different ways that students can buy a yearbook. To purchase it online, students can go to a website called yearbookforever.com or go through Instagram and find the ecryearbook account to access the link in their bio. From there, students can enter the school’s name and enter all of their information to purchase the yearbook. To buy it in person, students can go to the student store to purchase it with cash or card. The price tends to change, but only gets higher as the end of the year approaches, so, it is best to buy it as soon as possible.
“If [students] have any interest in writing, designing online, interviewing or just connecting with the student body and administration, [they] should definitely join yearbook next year,” Blanc said.