The Student News Site of El Camino Real Charter High School

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

Laufey releases new album, “Bewitched: Goddess Edition”

Icelandic jazz-pop singer, Laufey, released her new hit single “Goddess” and is following with the release of her album, “Bewitched: Goddess Edition,” April 26.
The talented artist Laufey has led the revival of the jazz genre as of late with grace and creativity. Her sophomore album, Bewitched, was released September 8, 2023. With its enchanting melodies and even her own rendition of the classic jazz standard, “Misty,” it received an abundance of praise and acclaim. She even was the recipient of best Traditional Pop Vocal Album at the 2024 Grammys. The album has a well-rounded and masterful mixture of multiple genres that makes it a significant step up from Laufey’s debut album, “Everything I Know About Love”
The “Bewitched” album has recently gone viral on social media, with songs like “From The Start” and “Promise” garnering 50 million streams on Spotify. It has also been the subject of numerous trends, eliciting an emotional response from fans and casual listeners alike. This fame only rose more once Laufey had announced Bewitched; The Goddess Tour set to happen during Spring and Summer 2024. The dates had sold out in a matter of minutes. The Los Angeles date set for August 7, 2024 has been upgraded with the addition of the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl. There is no doubt that this tour will be fresh and a time to remember.
Laufey released her single “Goddess,” March 6 and gained exponential popularity and attention. Dubbed by the artist as “the most honest song [she’s] written yet,” her single quickly gained traction and resonated with Lauvers, the fandom’s name. With powerful lyrics, incredible orchestral components, and her own aweing voice, “Goddess” was first performed February 21 in Brussels, Belgium during the beginning of the Bewitched Tour. Since the unofficial release, Lauvers have been obsessed with her new music.
Following the hit single, Laufey also announced the release of the deluxe version of her sophomore studio album, dubbing it “Bewitched: Goddess Edition.” The deluxe album is set to release April 26 and will contain the single “Goddess” as well as four additional, new songs, exciting avid listeners.
The album is available for presale on all streaming platforms and the vinyl, CD, and cassette versions are available for presale on her website. In addition, various forms of “Goddess” related merchandise are available also for purchase on her website.
Lauvers all around the world support Laufey as she continues her tour and continue to anticipate the release of the deluxe album later this month.