The Student News Site of El Camino Real Charter High School

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

A Farewell to our Senior Editor In Chief

Amy Carter

As the 2023-2024 school year comes to an end, journalism is sad to lose senior Editor in Chief Sydney Keane (Cindy) as she graduates, but happy to let her move on to future success.
“Through journalism trips, newspaper writing, and bonding inside and out of class, Sydney has truly shown me what a hardworking and dedicated person looks like,” sophomore editor Victoria Matz said.
Cindy is committed to University of Oregon as a journalism major and is going to continue to thrive in the future as a talented journalist.
“Sydney is the most wonderful, dedicated person I know,” sophomore editor Isabel Rose said. “Her passion for journalism is very inspiring and I’m so glad I got the chance to know her.”
Her dedication and enthusiasm in journalism has inspired all who surround her. Over the past few years with her, journalism has formed a close and lifelong relationship with her.
“Spending time with Sydney over the past two years has been the best,” sophomore editor Kasey Lee said. “I’ve made so many memories with her and I’m going to miss seeing her everyday.”
Through numerous competitions whether local or national, journalism has loved spending time with Cindy and are extremely sad to see her go.
“Sydney is so talented and I’m so proud of where she’s going,” sophomore editor Kyleigh Zvara said. “The class won’t be the same without her and we’re all gonna miss her very much.”
Journalism is already so proud of what she’s accomplished so far and can’t wait to see all she will achieve in the future. They are excited to watch her grow even more into the amazing person they know she will become.
“Cindy is one of the sweetest and funniest people I know,” sophomore editor Kaley Samiian said. “I’m so grateful that we met in Journalism, and that I had the opportunity to learn from her. She has been a role-model for me, and she has genuinely been one of the best editor-in-chiefs.”
Besides just the exciting and lasting memories they made with Cindy, journalism has learned so much from her. Not only has Cindy taught them how to be better writers, but also how to be better people in life.
“We are all gonna miss Sydney so much next year, but I’m so proud of all the hard work she’s put into the paper and school,” junior editor-in-chief Jenna Espinoza said. “I just know she’s gonna go on to do amazing things in her life.”
Cindy has been a role model for all members in journalism with her hard work and dedication. She’s been an amazing editor in chief by ensuring the newspaper is produced smoothly while always encouraging others to use their own creativity.
“Sydney is a true leader,” English teacher and journalism advisor Amy Carter said. “She cares about the writers she works with and gives them the space and guidance they need to develop and grow. We will all miss her so much!”
As Cindy graduates, journalism will forever appreciate the time spent with her and look forward to what her future holds.
“We’re going to miss Cindy so much, but we know she’ll do amazing no matter where life takes her,” Editors from journalism said. “We hope she knows we will always be there for her and hope she will visit us in the next years to come.”