The Student News Site of El Camino Real Charter High School

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

The Royal Courier

“Arthur the King” ventures onto the big screen

“Arthur the King” took on his next adventure, heading for movie theaters March 15, 2024.
This fast-paced film features the story about a team of athletes competing one last time in the Adventure Racing World Championship, located in the Dominican Republic. Their goal is only first place.
Over the span of 10 days, the team has to run, mountain bike, kayak and navigate their way 435 miles through the jungle of the Dominican. On their way, they meet a scrappy, big-eyed dog with only love in his eyes and a kind heart. With no time to waste, the travelers only have some meatballs left for the dog to give to him prior to their adventure.
After encountering a problem on the way, the group is reunited with the dog, who ends up saving their lives. Being welcomed as a friend and a teammate, the dog becomes vital to their adventurous victory. With that, he becomes Arthur, Arthur the King.
Based on a true story, viewers who watch this film are in awe, asking how a dog like Arthur found the group after nearly their entire journey through the jungle. This movie tells the incredible story of Mikael Lindnord and the stray dog he befriends during his greatest race in the Dominican Republic.
Actor Mark Wahlberg stars as the lead in this movie alongside talented actors like Simu Liu, Nathalie Emmanuel and Juliet Rylance. All together, the actors blend very well creating a dynamic environment and storyline.
Reviews say that this film is extremely accurate and features astounding similarities, from the routes the real team took to the dog’s actual breed.
However, shockingly enough, the film received a 69% on Rotten Tomatoes and an overall rating of 7.2/10. While only a little feedback has been given surrounding this movie, it is definitely a heart-wrenching, adventure-filled, shocking watch.
“Arthur the King” truly encapsulates what loyalty, kindness and friendship truly mean. The character development in this movie is great and the whole plot keeps viewers at the edge of their seat. A wonderful cast, with amazing acting and stunning views on a dazzling, silver screen.
After almost an exact tie, “Arthur the King”’s budget being $19 million ended up being only 0.9 lower than their overall box office revenue, which was $19.9 million.
A film about a dog may seem cute and silly but behind those trusting, loyal eyes, is much more than one person can tell.